Trying to set up dual Moniter Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssshaun

Baseband Member
...without any luck

All i get is a black screen.... Could anyone do me a step by step guide? or even better just tell me where im going wrong? Im using a 17" LCD Moniter that i got with my old dell dimension5000 as the secondary screen. Idealy i would like both screens the same size but one is 2" bigger

Alright ill try to remember what i did for my 6600GT.

First have only 1 moniter pluged in. Make sure its primary, next plug in the second, go to n niew enable it and turn on the screen? lmao thats what i remember, for ATI cards, dual screen configures automatially so yeah :/

Turn the computer off, make sure both monitors are plugged in to the card, then power up. Once you log in to windows go into the display properties and tell it to extend the desktop to the 2nd monitor and set the resolution.

Still isnt working... i aactivate the second screen... hit apply... and all i get are 2 black screens... i then have to reboot

u have bothplugged into the video card, not one into the video card and one into the onboard. plug in one, turn on ur comp, then plug in the other go to properties/settings, there should be two squares (1 and 2), click on the 2nd one, check extend monitor to this screen and the screens should both go black for a sec then come on again, u can then set the res for the sec monitor.

u have bothplugged into the video card, not one into the video card and one into the onboard. plug in one, turn on ur comp, then plug in the other go to properties/settings, there should be two squares (1 and 2), click on the 2nd one, check extend monitor to this screen and the screens should both go black for a sec then come on again, u can then set the res for the sec monitor.

My monitors just stay black mate

u mgiht have to reset after u do that, have u tryed that

What do you mean reset? Reset how so?

It might not even work out for you if both screens are going blank, only thing I can think of is the resolution might be set to high for your other monitor. It might not support that try setting the res all the way down see what that does other than that it is possible that it might just now work out for you although that really sucks.

What do you mean reset? Reset how so?

It might not even work out for you if both screens are going blank, only thing I can think of is the resolution might be set to high for your other monitor. It might not support that try setting the res all the way down see what that does other than that it is possible that it might just now work out for you although that really sucks.

restart, he prolly did that but i can't think of anything else being the problem, im sure he has the resulution at the amount that his monitor supports, and even if he didn't only one monitor would be effected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom