A transistor broke on 9700 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

xecutionr_style

Beta member
here is a picture
card_back.jpg

does anyone know what this is...it still works however i want to know if i should go ahead and try to get an RMA on it or not

did it come in like that or did you do it? if you did it when it came in I suggest RMA, if it came in like that do an RMA and make them pay for the shipping costs.

mind you, if this just happened and you have had the card a while, you can try and find out what chip that is and get another and solder in there.

from the image I cant tell how bad that piece is broken, it could just be the solder, so you could just solder it back on by heating up the 2 sides where it meets. Though if its not that old, it should be under warrenty get them to do it.

you see the little piece that is circled....it is completely removed from the card...so picture that picture without it

that isnt my card....i search google for pic but thats the same card and color and the exact same piece circled

Totally RMA this card. The last thing that you want to do is try and fix the card yourself. You'll probably end up ruining the card even further, thus voiding any sort of return.

RMA dude.....

-Mike

bah over 1 year ...no RMA for me...however i do have a computer electronics class and i can see if they can solder it (dont want to)

or i get a gf4 ti4600 OR fx5700 which is better (dont refer me to ATI they never get my business again...300 dollar card breaks twice in one year my ASS) anything above 5700 is out of ? because i will no longer pay over 250 for a vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom