Transfer rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

coconut2

Baseband Member
How can I adjust my hard drives transfer rate. I am getting this warning in sisoft sandra.

Warning W3104 - Current transfer mode not optimal, i.e. not highest supported. This affects drive performance. If the controller is also capable of the highest supported transfer mode, there is no reason not to use it.

Another thing how can I disable Acoustic Management for my drive.

Warning W3103 - Acoustic Management enabled. While this reduces the noise the drive generates, the performance is almost always impaired. Most of the time fans generate more noise than the drive itself. If the drive does generate a lot of noise, it may be faulty. You could also consider swapping the drive for another model that generates less noise.

Any help would be appreciated.

:cool: :cool:

What is the manufacturer (assuming this isn't the drive on your signature) of your Hard Drive.

I dont have time to wait tonight lol, but I will say this.

Maxtor is known to have alot of problems. If that is indeed the same one your having problems with now, its time to get a new one.

Well its not broken. I hope its not. I think its just some setting that has to be adjusted. I just dont know how to do it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom