ti4200 slow 2d performance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotarypot

Beta member
hi ..

lately, i've notived that the 2d performance on my win98se, 1gh athlon, 512 ram, has been on the decline..

right now for instance i have my firefox browser in which i am writing this, flash, winamp playing, msn , pretty normal stuff..

and the 2d performance is sucky at best, if for instance, i drag winamp around the screen, it leaves an ugly trail behind it, it gets refreshed out, but still..
same thing even with no applications running

i dont remember it doing that when i first installed the ti4200...

right now i am at the latest drivers from nvidia, directx 8.1 -i havent gone to 9 because i read somewhere reputable that the ti4200 doesn't really benefit from anything more than directx 8.1

i also reinstalled win98se last night, to no avail..
look at the pic........that is NOT RIGHT.

thanks .!!!

screencap.jpg

It's not your video card causing the problem. I'd run adaware and clean out all your junk files. Preform a defrag and see if that helps. All that stuff you have open in your desktop is putting a serious drag on your cpu. I'd suggest a cpu upgrade if the cleaning dosen't help any. Also open msconfig and shut down anything thats not needed under the startup tab.

mmmmmm, funny,
i actually just did the ad aware thing AND the Spybot thing..

same results...

and like i said before...those things did not happen before..the trails and such ..

Is probably your virtual memory. To my knowledge, that has nothing to do with your video card. It seems like your computer is low on virtual memory, and there's a lot of junk on your hard drive.

mmmmmm, ok..

the settings for virtual memory are managed by windoze, and the drive has 8 gb left out of the 15 gb partition..

i will try the de-frag, and see what happens..

BTW , the specs are..

1ghz athlon, 512 ram, 80 gb drive, 2 partitions (15gb and 65 gb)

did u ctl+alt+delete and watch and see witch program or process is hoggin all the mem or cpu when u drag winamp or whatever?

EDIT: o yea your on win98... i dont know if it shows that stuff in win98

:rolleyes:

yes i did ...unless it was flash mx, or msn messenger..
there are no other hogs running..

i try to keep a lean system..

right now the computer is owrking and i am able to do the usual stuff i do but the trailing becomes annoying ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom