Television on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyjdsn

Solid State Member
Where I am currently living, it is cheaper to get the cable internet connection while also being a subscriber to their cable television. Internet only $59.99, with cable tv, their limited basic package $9.99 and to add internet cable $45.99. Hence I got the one with the limited basic cable tv. THe issue, not really an issue, but the thing is that I don't have a television and don't really have the space to put one. My question is, can I get the cable tv to come out on my computer, and if so how do I do this? I will have a desktop Presario S6000Z. This is the graphics card: 128MB DDR ATI Radeon(TM) 9200 SE. Is this possible? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Get a Video Capture card . Mine cost 10 bucks a couple years ago.Youll need to get a splitter to feed one line to your Nic card and another to the Video capture card.

That covers TV but if you want a VCR too. Go to
http://www.snapstream.com/
They got a try it free thing.Something like a month.Works perfectly. Even ahs a TV guide deal on line free.it cost like 60 bucks for program and nothing monthly ever.

I supose you wouldnt if your LCD had sound but i dont think snapstream would work like that cause your LCD would be functioning like a TV not really part of your computer.You could ask on there forum maybe they would know more.
http://discuss2.snapstream.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3
AIW had a lot of problem's early on with bad picture quality. That was a while ago.Maybe its worked out not sure.

Id think it would work for any VCR, antena,Cable, it receives a signal.Pretty sure its all the same.

I have one of the first generation ATI All In Wonder video cards and I love it!! This easily allows you to watch TV and hook up any devices such as a VCR or DVD player to view or record on your computer. I always schedule The Fresh Prince of Bel Air to record on my PC because I love that show!! I then convert them into VCD's so that I can watch them on my real TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom