suitable componants

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmote

Seg Fault'n,
i know there are similar threads but they are all very long and not quite what i want. i am thinking of building a budget part gaming-part working machine anyway its been a while since my last build and i made some poor choices. assistance and advice on mainboard/processor would be great.ta:) :eek: :)

How much do you have? Is it just for the motherboard and CPU? What about GPU? as that is what produces the graphics at good frame rate.

Anyway, AMD 64 venice core, if you have/going for a PCIE GPU than get a DFI lanparty board, if AGP MSI K8n NEO2 or the new AGP motherboard from DFI with the Nforce 3 chipset.

Any plans on overclocking?

I am assuming you are having a AGP GPU, from OCUK - which are a bit pricey but they have a fast server.

DFI LanParty UT NF3 Ultra (Socket 939) Motherboard (MB-016-DF)
£67.95 £67.95
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3200BPBOX) (CP-118-AM)
£124.95 £124.95
Subtotal £192.90
VAT £33.76
Total £226.66

Could you list your specs, as you may want confirmation that it is all compatible.

hes already got agp man lisson
but i would go intel since ur not doing all the time hard core gameing and when i work i work i have about 10 different windows and all kinds of apps going so i would go intel if i were u

yea thats what i'm thinkin
LGA 775 mobo-MSI 915P combo much cheaper than my own budget and has intel 915P chipset
proc-P4 2.8 1MB Pres 775
dual channel (2x512) 400 MHz
Nvidia GeForceb 6600GT
what do you think (fingers crossed):confused:

i can get a case with a 350W PSU already in it do u think it will run this stuff
350 seems a bit low to me but hey it not the most powerfull thing in the world

sry i will need more than 350 :( (shame cause that is one cheap case) no plans to overclock since my cooling will be pathetic at least for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom