Strong Case Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Hello everyone, I just purchase this Vantec case fan from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-612&depa=0

Basically compared to the normal 80mm case fans, this one blows twice as much air but from everything I've read is loud as all hell. Anyone have one of these? A lot of reviews I read I think people hooked the fan up to their CPU Heatsink and used it as a CPU fan instead of case fan. I plan on make thing the rear intake fan so it'll blow that air right on the CPU. Couple people mentioned that its a bit of a power hog at 9watts. Only one review a guy said it'd be better to have a good power strong power supply. Even a couple of these fans running shouldn't be drawing THAT much away from the PSU right? Anyway, just wondering if anyone has one or some of these and what your opinion about it is.

Hmm, I have 6 80mm fans and they aren't terribly loud, so I would imagine that just one of those can't be that loud either:p

Even the Vantec Stealth (High Powered Series) sounds like a lawn mower. But with that badass fan, your CPU is going to be REALLY cool. Why they called it Stealth is beyond me...

wow...84cfm...that thing sucks!!!!!!!!! are you really that peranoid about noise? ussaly when some on says it really really loud that are lying, lol. it is going to be running at 5700 rpm's wich is fast...it's 55dba's that's loud...who cares though, just buy it. it'll suck!

u should have gone for the Vantec Stealth rather than buying tornado.

else I have also came across new fan, by thermaltake @ 70+ CFM and just 21dBA (thats looks unbelievable though), I wont buy this just because of LED's which I dont like in my PC.

I'm not a case modder

Yeah I'm not particular about LED's either but damn near everything now a days comes with it in there wether you want it or not =/. And compy, no I'm not paranoid about noise, I personally don't care because I'm more concerned about cooling frankly =) And when I say 'concerned' I dont actually mean I'm worried, but basically who cares about the sound =P

And Blind_Arrow, I don't see any Vantec Stealths that are worth buying. They all have low CFM and RPM and I don't care about noise really so thats not an issue. You got some links to some High Powered Vantec Stealths?

BTW My case has only room for 80mm fans but I think I'm gonna do a little modding and cut a hole in the top and add a fan there so I can make that one any size I want I suppose, but I don't think Id be going with anything larger than 92mm

ohh...i was gonna say, a 120mm fan will cut down noise but will still move a lot of air...i say go with that vantec man...that's a lot of air moving.

i'm the same way...i chose performance over looks.(most of the time :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom