STILL a hot 2600+

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptAssassin

Baseband Member
Hey all,

After getting a Coolermaster Jet 7+ from a friend, which is apparently a very good cooler, im still running temperatures around 55 degree's celcius idle, and around 60 under full load.

I applied thermal paste that was reused from the stock cooler, of which we applied brand new thermal paste like a day earlier. However, can this still cause the processor to run hot? Its only been used a day.....

Im also getting worried that this Jet 7+ is WWAAAYYY to heavy, and will eventually cause mobo damage. So, im thinking of getting an Aero 7 Lite, which is the same sort of design, but lighter. Ill make sure that i'll apply arctic silver this time, brand new.

Anyway, my main concern is, why is the processor still running hot? The location of my case is not in the best of positions, as it is in a compartment that is built for towers, however, due to the cheap nature of this computer desk, i dont think it offers a great deal of air flow (being enclosed).

so this temperature is ok for an AMD? Would applying a day or 2 old thermal paste cause the system to run hotter? Maybe its all cool then...

edit: forgive the pun :D

Quit adding compound it will eventually f*** up your board 60 seems alittle high for some amds...but Its right there

55 degree's Celsius idle is a bit hot for a 2600+. My cousin also had a 2600+ and it was running at 40-45 degree's Celsius idle on a stock cooler. The only reasons i can think of why your processors if so hot is that you donÂ’t have enough ventilation trough your case or its overclocked or you havenÂ’t put the heatsink on properly in the end and also does your case have any intake or exhaust fans blowing air in or out your case.

Neosteve

I have a side case fan blowing towards the CPU, and a front case fan blowing inwards as well. I dont have any exhaust fans.

Do i need an exhaust fan? Thats simply a fan blowing the other way, right? Nothing special? I might place one on the back maybe

That should do you donÂ’t really need exhaust fans but it would help a bit to blow the hot air out of your case reducing the temp inside your case. If that doesnÂ’t help try get a better cooler like a thermaltake volcano 12. After my cous got that his temps dropped to 35-37 at load I think.
Personally I donÂ’t like the Coolermaster Jet 7+ cooler because I always thought of them as bad performers but I might be wrong.

Neosteve

You don't have any exhaust fans?!? Then get some! That could help your hot case interior to blow that steaming air out.

if you only have 1 fan, it should be exhaust, if you have 2 you should have 1 intake and 1 exhaust, never 2 intake

Right now i have a 120mm in the back runnin on 7 volts really quiet and 2 80's in the front running also on 7 so my case doesn't really push too much air, but its enough to keep my temps in the 30's for CPU and 28-32 range for the mobo.

Specs in sig, the AMD rig, stock CPU cooler i might add

Just posting my temps for you...2400+ runs between 38-42C. Adding too much of that paste will run it hot. You are only supposed to apply a dab then rub it in then wipe away excess. BTW, I bought the 10 buck Coolermaster HSF. Nothing special. Also, I use SpeedFan for temp readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom