Speaker question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrData

Solid State Member
I just tried to connect speakers to my PC. The speakers have their own power supply and two RCA females. I got a stereo plug to RCA cable, and connected it to my computer. But I don't get any sound.

When I try the Volume Control in the Accessories menu I get the error message "There are no active mixer devices available".

It sounds like you don't have the complete set of speakers. Should there be a subwoofer?

As far as your volume control, do you have onboard sound? If so, look in your hardware profile (winkey+break key, then click on device manager, then hardware profile). See if it's showing anything for your sound card. Might not be enabled or the drivers might not mesh with your os.

Yeah....

What kind of soundcard and OS are you working with? Sounds as if you only installed minimal drivers. Some expensive/fancy cards require a mixer device EX: soundblaster anything comes with a mixer program installed with drivers. try reinstalling the drivers. i had my speakers setup as you do stereo to rca then rca to speakers. no problems with a sounblaster pci 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom