sourround sound and computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
i have a home surround sound system for like my tv and vce, dvd etc. but is it possible to have my computer runnng off it? if yes what equipment do i need?

All you need is and 1/8 inch (headphone jack) to Left and Right RCA jacks. (white and red) You can pick one up just about any store that sells electronics for around $4.
1/8 in comp RCA in Surround

If you have a digital 5.1, 6.1, etc. receiver then you can use your Audigy's digital (optical) out to hook up to you stereo system. You could also use the digital (S/PDIF) out on the back of you motherboard (if available). You will have to look at the receiver's manual to determine whether is has digital inputs. From the looks of your computer's hardware (if they are indeed true) that your are set up on that end. With the digital out you will get true DTS and Dolby Digital surround....again depending on the stereo receiver.

devil_warrior said:
can u give me a link to a picture of what those jacks look like?

Just ask someone at radio shack and buy a cable. However it wont be "true" surround sound (not like much is anyways)

I would use an opticle if you have them at both ends. It is what I use, an they are not expensive, well they can be, but are worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom