Sound Issues

imm0rtal reaper

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I upgraded my system today with a new motherboard (Gigabyte ga970a-ud3), new graphics card (HIS HD 6950 IceQ X 2GB GDDR5) and an extra 8gb of ram (16 in total now). My CPU is a phenom II x2 560.

My problem is with my sound set up.

At the moment, none of the jacks on the PC seem to be working. When I plug my speakers into the front panel, nothing happens. When I plug them into the back panel, the "sounds" screen will show that sound is playing, but nothing comes through my speakers.

However, the audio through my HDMI works fine.

And external sound card works for around 10 minutes, then the sound cuts out.

I've checked to make sure the front panel is connected and there is only one place for it to go (I think) And I've also tried to update the realtek drivers, but that hasn't helped.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Did you go into Realtek control center, and see the sound device set? Sounds like it defaults to your sound go to HDMI, not back panel sound.

Did you go into Realtek control center, and see the sound device set? Sounds like it defaults to your sound go to HDMI, not back panel sound.

Somehow, my realtek audio manager program is gone. I've checked in the control panel, and in the program list, but it's gone. I've reinstalled the drivers for it twice now, the system re-starts but there is still no program.

Ok, I finally managed to get the audio manager back, but my sound still ins't working.

Strangely though, my microphone works when plugged into the port on the back, but it seems to be the only one that does.

I set my audio to the rear speaker port and launched itunes and you can see that it thinks there is sound there, but nothing comes out of my speakers (which are working, I just tried them with my phone)

sound.png

And here's my motherboard info:

mobo.png

I'm at a loss.

Back
Top Bottom