Sound isn't true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traudong

In Runtime
When I play games or listen to music on my computer, I discover that sound's direction is changed. It's very strange: if a plane flies from the left to the right of the moniter, I'll hear the sound from the right to the left :amazed: (when I played games I was shot frequently :D) . I'm using P4 with sound onboard. Anyone helps me.

In your sound control panel or game/application option menu, select 'INVERT AUDIO' or something similar and that will clear your problem if the same problem exists with headphones.

Otherwise, if you only play/listen with speakers, then previous post applies.

Thanks crward, but I've bought my speakers several months ago and I'm sure they have no problem.
zerozero, the same problem exists with headphones. And I can't find "invert audio" anywhere in my computer. Thanks anyway.

I just encountered a similar problem. I updated to XP and I lost my front speakers. My sound card is a cheapo SB Live 'Value' but I never had this problem before.
By looking into the drivers, I realized that they were generic so I'll upload the new ones from Soundblaster.com and see if that fixes it. Maybe you should try and do the same if you just changed or upgraded your OS.
I'll keep you posted on my results.

Try looking under contol panel>audio for an option that says reverse stereo or something like that.

I don't think it's because of my OS. I have the same problem when I use win98. I think my hardware is cause so I have posted on this area. My computer was built by my brother and perhaps something has been wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom