Socket 478

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
Does anybody know or can find the layout "pin" wise to a socket 478 p4 prescott. I have a CPU with some broken pins that somebody gave to me for free. I got a p4 3ghz, 800mhz bus ,1mb l2 cache. I know that you can use cpu with some broken pins if they are "non-important" pins. the problem is i dont know what ones are important and not important and which ones are broken. I know i can fix the bent ones

I would set all the bent ones straight, then try it. Whats the worst that could happen? It will tell you if its a good working cpu, and if it doesnt work, it wouldnt do damage to the motherboard. Ive had motherboards smoking and almost catching on fire when i forced a AMD k6 into a pentium motherboard, it worked afterwards.

This is the one I have now (LGA775). It has no pins on the CPU ,but pins on the mobo rather. The 478 cpu has pins.

Attachments

• cpu12.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 19
Well your not gonna find out unless you try:D Hope you got a friend that owes you a BIG favor with a socket 478:p :D

lol you ned to straighen the pins for it to work at all... and the mobo u have is socket 775.. and the extra cpu is socket 478.. theyre completely different interfaces so you need to get urself a socket 478 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom