Slow system boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartinla

Beta member
This morning when I started my PC, I just got a black screen with the first line of the boot and took forever to detect my IDE devices, but it finally was ok to get to windows XP. I restarted to see if it was just a random error, but it's still doing the same thing, so I tried to get to the BIOSm and it took forever too. I checked the boot order and everything seems fine.... I really dunno what happened...do u think the BIOS is dead or corrupted? I didn't do anything so how can it be?

thanks for your help

bart

if the Bios was dead then the computer wouldnt have booted at all.
Were you overloading your computer at all when you last used it?

no I didn't do anything last night... and this morning it was so slow... It can't be windows cause it really happens when the PC uploads from the bios and tries to detect the IDE devices...so that is why I thought that it only can be the BIOS :-(

Try clearing the BIOS using the jumper on the motherboard. I have a similar problem with an MSI motherboard, sometimes it just doesn't detect the IDE devices.

It's probolly looking for invisible IDE drives or trying to boot off a network

Also your IDE drives may have a long spin up time, after a large voltage fluctuation my drives used to take a few seconds (about 5)

well it's all gone... I took out the IDE bus of the DVD-rom so that it can only boot from the HD, and I restarted the PC...it was working perfectly...so I replaced the bus, and it's still working fine...
I am glad that it's working again but I would like to know what happened...cause I didn't do anything and I checked all the connections... well another computer mistery

thanks to you all of you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom