Which slots for 2 memory sticks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjdup

Baseband Member
My new system comes with a single 512 Mb memory module.
I have ordered 1 Gb Corsair XMS memory -Paired( 2 512Mb modules )

If I only used the 1Gb Corsair memory which 2 slots do I use on the motherboard ( left, center,right )?

f I use all 3 modules ( they all match - PC 3200 - 400 ) do I put the 2 corsair modules which are paired in a spesific order and the remaining module in the one thats left oper or how does it work.

Any help will be much appreciated.

if you're using all three i doubt the order will matter... but if you're only using two start with the slot that is towards the back of the case or closest to the processor

Well first off you need to find out weather ut bord is dual channel cause if the ram is paried then its dual channell and i think dual channel ram only works in a dual channel bord not shure though but if there not then the order shouldnt matter

If you have three slots, can you run dual channel in two and still use the third to your advantage?

The amd 64 3200 doesn't have a motherboard that is dual channel compatible, only the 3500 64 and up use the 939 socket type which supports the dual channel ram.

As MicroBell and others have stated, for your specific case, the order does not matter. The answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom