Siemens Nixdorf CRT Monitor Scenic PM 170

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrownedBird

Baseband Member
Dear Users,

please can somebody tell me how to open the above mentioned PC-Monitor? I don't have any Service Manual, and this Box ist very complicate to open. It seems there is after unscrewing the two screws down at the box a special handling necessary to open the top. Please help; even Siemens couldn't help me, because they dont have anymore Manuals because of the age of the Monitor.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Herbert

Opening a CRT can be seriously dangerous, and I would personaly advise you not to do it.

I'm a technican for repairing Radios an TV-sets, an I'm well informed about the risks of high voltage. Please give me serious answers concernig how to open the monitor!

Best regards Herbert

Sorry Herbert i was not aware of that, we do not assist people on how to do things that are potentialy fatal due to the voltage that they may encounter inside a device like a CRT.

How come? Are there dangerous materials and whatnot?

Like Saxon mentioned above, they have VERY high levels of voltage and current running through them, in the tube and in the capacitors. Hence why you shouldn't open any CRT monitor or TV unless you're a licensed professional with the proper equipment.

Believe me guys, I had never before problems in opening a TV-set or a monitor. It's frustrating for me. Of course I can open it by damaging some plastic parts which are already brittle and will easy break by pulling.
Forget the high voltage, I formerly checked high voltage power supplies with max. 25000 Volts. We used them for flying spot scanners.

Best regards Herbert

We would love to help, Herbert, but the biggest problem is that not a lot of us open up CRT's, let alone that specific model of one. Have you tried Googling for a service manual? Or maybe eBay has one? Just some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom