should i put a failed/failing hd in external enclosure as slave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
Dear members:

I just would like to know should i put a failed/failing hard drive (2.5 30gb ibm internal hd) in external enclosure as slave so i can get the data off (its been a month since it has failed) by using a laptop

well its a failed hd (called my provider to confirmed it) so is their any FREE software that i can use to get some data off when connected via external enclosure

what do you mean by failed because it might be impossible? symantec ghost could be used to clone the hdd which should work basically as long as the disk will still spin. haven't really used ghost much but supposedly the old command line versions are better. i know this is a little off topic but im curious..... i remember talking to you before tomcruise3230 and im wondering if this is from that toshiba sattelite laptop.

yes it is its the same internal hd which i want to get the data off by putting it in external enclosure and pluog in another good laptop via usb

well i heard if put it in a freezer for a couple of hrs. it might spin and you can then getthe data off the. if it does spin, should i put it in the laptop or the external hd as slave to get the most luck or it doesn't matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom