should i just upgrade my entire system??

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

In Runtime
well as u can already see ive created three threads so far no im not spaming they all deal with differ subjects. well as you all know my predicament, if you dont just read the thread titled, help my computer wont start. should i just upgrade the motherboard and cpu since im gonna be spending money anywas???????? ive already spent 143 dollars and try to fix the problem and i still cant get no where my comp is at best buy getting diagnosed.

ooooh never take anything to best buy...getting 'diagnosed' means they charged you $50 to eat a sandwhich while staring at your computer. Best buy will charge you $30 just to put in RAM and call it something like 'Modular RAM Insertion Seating Service Fee'. I haven't read your other threads and you should just put your specs in the sig. Would help us know what you got a little more. Or go to that other thread and copy in your specs here or somethin.

o0o0oo should i get this motherboard

Supported CPU: AMD Athlon XP/Athlon/Duron Processors
Chipset: VIA KM400 + VT8235
FSB: 333/266/200MHz
RAM: 2x DIMM for DDR333/266/200 Max 2GB
IDE: 2x ATA 133 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 1x AGP 8X, 3x PCI
Ports: 2xPS/2,1xCOM,1xLPT,1xVGA,6xUSB2.0(Rear 4),1xLAN,SPDIF Out,Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: VT6106 6-Channel Codec with Digital S/PDIF output
Onboard Video: S3 UniChrome™ 2D/3D Graphics
Onboard LAN: VIA VT6103 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
Form Factor: microATX

its 49 bucks, i am willing to go to maybe 100, ne suugestions

That doesn't tell us the maker of the board. And you need to know the manufacturer. Also, any particular reason you're going to go for Micro-ATX form instead of just ATX that's bigger and has 2 more PCI slots is the main change I believe. Also it's a little outdated looking at the particular chipset is in it. I have the MSI KT6V as stated in my sig. It's the VIA KT600 chipset.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=241120

Atleast get that board. It's $54 and a good stable brand. It's the board I have. Has served well and should serve you well for your needs too.

But we still need to know what kind of computer you had beforehand. Did you have an AMD before or was it an Intel computer? Because you're going to an AMD motherboard there. That is a Socket A board that I linked you to, so you need to know your sockets too

wtf..man this shit is confusing, i know shit about mother boards and there specs, i need to become a techie like all of you.

DFI "NFII ULTRA INFINITY" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL

Model# NFII Ultra-INFINITY
Item # N82E16813136137

Specifications:
Supported CPU: Socket A AMD Athlon XP/Athlon/Duron Processors
Chipset: nForce2 Ultra 400 + MCP-T
FSB: 266/333/400MHz
RAM: 3x DIMM support Dual Channel DDR400/333/266/200 Max 3GB
IDE: 2x UltraDMA 133 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 1x AGP 8X, 5x PCI
Ports: 2xPS2,1xCOM,1xLPT,6xUSB2.0(Rear 4),1xLAN,SPDIF In/Out,Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC650 6-Channel Codec
Onboard LAN: 10/100Mbps