Setting a monitor to portrait mode?

og5

Baseband Member
Hi, I thought it'd be simple to set a display on to portrait mode but I'm having trouble. Is there a standard way of doing this?

In case its monitor specific, here are my stats:

- Dell 2405FPW (external monitor)
- My laptop has integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics

Here's a video of me going through all the settings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud8TMygK_ds

- I also forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 8.1.

Thanks

Rotate it through the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (assuming you have Intel Graphics drivers installed from Intel's website).

You can rotate it through the software, or use the shortcut keys: Ctrl+Alt+Arrow keys

Thanks, it's going to be tough to check with Lenovo to see if my computer model has switchable graphics because I don't have the model information anymore. Is there any other way to test this out or find the information another way?

Do you have multiple display adapters under Device Manager -> Display Adapters?

The model for the laptop should be printed on the laptop somewhere as well - either on the front monitor bezel, on the top half near the keyboard, on on a label on the bottom.

No just this one:

vfjjx4X.png

Before I do that I want to know if it applies to my graphics card i.e. if it's switchable or not. Maybe I'm missing an inference, is the lack of a second device adapter proof that I don't have switchable graphics?

Before I do that I want to know if it applies to my graphics card i.e. if it's switchable or not. Maybe I'm missing an inference, is the lack of a second device adapter proof that I don't have switchable graphics?

Correct :).

Back
Top Bottom