Securing a Fan Midcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett573

In Runtime
ok so i want to get some good OC'ing RAM but i've read reviews that say it's a good idea to have a fan pointed at the RAM but how do I do this since there are no fan mounts in the middle of the case?

nah, you don't need one unless you're extreme overclocking with liquid nitrogen and stuff

the crappy ddr 3200 samsung ram i have is awesome.. Overclocks fsb 40mhz before a hicup.

The item in the link that shumway posted may work.. If the ram you get doesnt have the heatspreaders glued on.

You can also get a fan bracket that mounts over top 3 pci slots (slots are still usable) that you can attach an 80 or 120mm fan to. May or may not work depending on your motherboard layout.

When overclocking you should normally downclock the memory so that when you FSB overclock its within an acceptable limit for the ram. Regardless of how high you go on the fsb.. Eg. FSB is 260 you downclock your ddr400 to 166 so that its only overclocked by 26mhz. You could also get ddr 533 which isnt really supported at this point by most motherboards.. But, when you overclock its still WELL within acceptable limits for the ram. As the motherboard limits the ram at its max which would be ddr400 (or 200mhz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom