Seagate: The Only "Real" SATA HDDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
I have a choice of Maxtor, Western Digital or Seagate. All SATA at 120 Gb. I already have the Western Digital Caviar SATA (8 Mb) 120 Gb. Should I exchange it for a Seagate? I heard only Seagates gan get 150 Mb/s.

Plz help me out with this as soon as possible. Thx!

Well... Is it? And why do Western Digital not specify that they are selling fake SATAs...

Thank you Microbell! It`s nice to see ppl take time to help others out (actually writing more than a sentance ;)) Thx again man!

P.S.: From the looks of that chart, WD outperforms Seagate... Am I right?...? I though Seagate was entirely based on SATA, and not just a conversion...

But for what i know, all the HDDs from all this branded HDD manufacturers almost the same. Very hard to justify which 1 better cosz using same technology.

Wow! Western Digital is cutting it up! Thank god I didn't exchange it for a Seagate. Thx SewerBeing for taking the time to post that!..!

but its not a marketing ploy, and I am aware of how old the article is, it is still valid though. The 150mb/sec thing is the theoretical limit on the transfer rate. However, nothing today can even get close to that. The Sata150, in the over is more usefull for judging how old or new the hard drive is, not what it will transfer at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom