SCSI Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I am highly interested in the speed and reliability of 15,000RPM SCSI hard drives.
1. What is a better/faster setup? Two 73GB 15,000RPM Seagates in RAID 0? Or one 15,000RPM 147GB Fujitsu?
2. I need a good card to support these hard drives, and no matter what HD setup I choose, I want something that is fast, reliable, and can support RAID, specifically RAID 0, here is what I thought looks good. LSI LOGIC LSI22320-R PCI-X 133MHz SCSI Controller Card 2x Ultra320 SCSI RAID 0/1/0+1
3. The pin setup, what is the difference between 68 pin, and 80 pin, and how do I tell if the card I choose (like the one above) supports 68 pin, or 80 pin. Chances are that I am going to be using 80 pin HD's, but I don't know about this aspect of SCSI.

Thanks for your help!

Yan Booth

both companies are relatively good in comparison however its always nice to have a backup hd just incase the other fails. if you want to go 80 pin the ultra 320 supports it so the card you have got is good the 68 pin looks very different something like this
conn5.gif
an 80 pin looks like this
conn11.gif

hope that helps

Sheesh, I really can't decide which HD to get, Seagate has the reputation, but the 147gb Fujitsu is fast, plus I can upgrade to RAID 0 and have 294 gigs. Anyone want to help me make this decision??

Thanks for your future input!!!

Yan

if raid 0 is what u want, then u should definitely go with 2 HDs instead of 1, because raid 0 is about inprove speed, and 2 disc header sure beats 1.

for brand, I would go for seagate. reason??

5 years warranty > 3 years warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom