SCSI advantages outweight the price, or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if spending three times as much for SCSI 10,000RPM hd's is worth it, what is the advantage over WD Raptor's? Are they more reliable in general?
I plan on using RAID 0, and I want good, reliable drives to run in that setup!

Thanks for your help,

Yan Booth

Yes, they are more reliable. And fast, super god damn fast. From what I have heard from people is that sata1 is unreliable as hell. It dies out after not too much usage, and works very flaky. Since scsi has been around forever, all bugs are worked out. Yes, scsi is worth it.

I wouldn't spend alot on SCSI, if you rally wanna run raid 0 then just buy two SATAs. Just as fast and half the money.

The51 said:
I wouldn't spend alot on SCSI, if you rally wanna run raid 0 then just buy two SATAs. Just as fast and half the money.

Wrong! They are not just as fast. they are way faster!

but the correct way of saying what you said is that the price/performance ratio does not justify spending an extra 100-200 for skuzzy.

Buy the new Samsung SATAII hard drive instead.

"Samsung's new Serial ATA II hard drives support native 3.0GB per second (Gbps) I/O transaction capabilities in addition to Serial ATA Native Command Queuing. The 3.0 Gbps speed doubles the 1.5 Gbps data transfer rate of current Serial ATA hard drives. With an increased transfer rate, the faster the speed of the PC. "

SATAII is useless now though, a typical SATA HD can only put about 100-MAYBE 150 MBPS, not even close the SATA 1 speed...

Yan

If you get a SCSI drive... MAKE SURE you are using the U320 interface, and do your best to get one going 15,000rpm. You will LOVE it!

Is the speed of a Fujitsu going to make it better than Seagate, because Seagate has a good warranty, and good customer support...

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom