sb live problem with nforce2

Status
Not open for further replies.

reset

Beta member
Hey huys im new here and i've heard some good stuff about this site, i hope you can help me ;)
Well okay i have a sb live 5.1 player, i recently upgraded to an nforce2 chipset (k7n2 delta-l mobo) and a 2800+, whenever i listen to mp3's the sound gets all weird, like a crackling noise not for long, but its very noticable, and also when playing games, if that happens while playing games the video gets stuck too, probably because of the sound card i geuss, well anyway i have all the drivers up to date, and i REALLY , REALLY need you guys to help me on this, thanks in advance

Ok, here's a start... update drivers, software, OS, DirectX,blah blah blah- probably tried this already. Are you sure there's no hardware conflicts? does the MTB have onboard sound, and is it enabled? If so try disabling the onboard sound, or try moving your sound card to another PCI slot.

Blueman said:
Ok, here's a start... update drivers, software, OS, DirectX,blah blah blah- probably tried this already. Are you sure there's no hardware conflicts? does the MTB have onboard sound, and is it enabled? If so try disabling the onboard sound, or try moving your sound card to another PCI slot.
i've tried all those, still nothing :|

Have you checked out DxDIAG and can you post up the log file from it?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, and I'm sure you've been there already, go to run in the start bar, and type dxdiag. run the tests, open the log file and check it out. might be some good clues...

the scratchy sound could be anything-bad cables, speakers, files?

when you say some games are screwing up, can you tell which games, and exactly when-what happens? if you disable the sound in the games do they work fine?

Does your board have onboard sound? If so, does that crackle? Have you disabled it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom