Safe system temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd32

Baseband Member
hey all..in Aida32 I checked my sys temps and this is what it said.

Tsystem 100c
TCpu 35c
TAux 37c

I just installed a new Motherboard and CPU and my pc didn't come with a sys fan when i bought it so i never really bothered to check temps until now..are these temps normal?..I think the cpu and aux are fine but the 100c system temp has got me a bit concerned, it hasn't shown any signs of trouble or instability but just the same that pretty hot and I'm thinking even adding a fan wouldn't bring it down that much from 100 would it? Basicall what I'm asking is this a safe or normal overall sys temperature?

P.S. My motherboard is a gigabyteGA-8s661FXM with a sis 661fx
chipset.:confused:

thats way too high, i would not even think those temps were posible without a system fan, for thjose sorta temps, you must be living in hell

MicroBell said:
See if theres a setting for the system temp in the bios...and check that. 100C is pretty high. I'm not sure of your statement about no system fan. If you mean case fan....by all means add one if you don't have one. If you have no fans to take the hot air out of the case...that temp may be correct. Most cases come with at least 1 case fan...so I can't see were you would not have at least 1.

checked the Bios..according to that is says system temp is 47c
cpu and taux are same as stated by aida. Aida32 and the software that came with mobo both say 100c but bios says 47c.
I'm inclined to think bios is the more accurate but why would the other two state different temps than bios but the same as each other? I'm going to get a fan regardless but this is very perplexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom