Router Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Man Brian

In Runtime
Okay, so I'm thinking about getting a router. I want a cheap one, because I don't need it all fancy and such. So if anyone could tell me where I could get a nice cheap one in a store, not online. That would be excellent. Thanks ahead of time.

- Brian

The DI 604 is a good router.. Excellent reviews and dead cheap.. Do a search for it.

If you want something more fancy, with better firewall capabilities, I think the Linksys "Firewall" Router is an excellent choice. I believe it has traffic logging also.... If you wanna log every packet going through ur LAN. Google that too.. I am not 100% sure about the logging part.. But "pretty" sure.

That's a bit overpriced for it however, and the linksys befsr41's are cheaper and better IMHO and i have used both of those routers.

Made a 604 crap out with 3 PC's and an xbox however.

I remember a friend of mine got the DI 604 for 39.99 Candian $.. Which is prolly like $30 US.. So yeah. Check around for a bit if you'd like.. It's $15 bucks.. Whether that's important to u is upto you :)..

I think the D-link and Linksys are the 2 head to head brands for consumer level firewalls. Of course there are more expensive ones. But, these guys produce the economical variety.

Doesn't matter which brand it is. Someone will get something that craps out.. With both D-Link and Linksys.. Guess its how lucky u are.. For the price, I don't think the DI 604 can be beat.. Personally, I wouldn't get it, b/c I am a nut when it comes to security.. But, for basic decent security and good routing, it's good enough

Well, I've been thinking about it. I'm probobally going to go with the one from Circuit City. I will look more into it, I have a whole week to decide. So I'll be looking out. I want to thank you guys again for the help. But I'm accepting anymore reccommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom