router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
i really dont know which topic to put this is so feel free to move if wrong. anyhow i have a linksys WAG54g wireless g router. its connected 1 one computer via cable and 2 others via wireless. the problem i have is that it keeps loosing its internet connection but it says that its running fine. the other problem i have with it is one of the coputers with wireless keeps getting a varying signal from very stong to nothing at all even though the gap between the router and the wireless card cannot be more than 10m. i have the lastest firmware. i know i need to try other wireless channels but is there anything else i can do to help the signal problem or the other on for that matter. thanks for any help.

wierless tends to be choppy. i used to have it in my house, i just bought a 100ft cable too go to my house.

Make shur the signal doesnt hafta go through to many walls, and be shur that it doesnt go through a wall, parallel to it.. Dont get to much interfearence. And make shur its on the same lvl as the pc

how it is is the router is on the 1st floor and the card that is loosing the connection is on the ground floor and i cant move either of them. there is no 2.4ghz phones anywhere near or any other wireless connectiong apart from mobile phones. if signal travels direct between the two it has to go through the floor and one wall that is all. i wish i could put cable in would of been so much eaiser but parents wouldnt let me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom