Rip off England

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of is to go on eBay and find a 6800 that is willing to ship to the U.K. Sorry. =(

Note to self: Don't move to europe until after my dream machine is built lol

Im a 56k sof2 gamer.. funneh isnt it!

quit lagging up my sof2 servers damnit!

That sucks man, that is such a high ass tax =/

This attack is poorly composed, as usa them selves imports a great deal of computer goods from 3rd world countrys such as china or tiwan, and yet in america the prices are considerably less.

Yeah USA Imports a lot of stuff, electronics is no doubt a top importer, but you'd need to find out what your government exports and all that good stuff to find out the truths behind the taxes. the US exports a lot of cotton, corn, wheat, things of that nature...what kind of goods does the UK export? (real question not just a taunt or anything like that) It all depends on who's made what kind of deals with who. I really don't know of any UK imports......the US imports as much as exports I think, do you think UK is the same way? Do you know what other countries they are involved with and what kind of trading goes on? This could have something to do with why you have such high taxes. Ahh but then again, we were chanting 'No Taxation without representation' a couple hundred years ago...so it seems they've always had it out for high taxes over there :p

Nubius said:
Note to self: Don't move to europe until after my dream machine is built lol

quit lagging up my sof2 servers damnit!

That sucks man, that is such a high ass tax =/

Yeah USA Imports a lot of stuff, electronics is no doubt a top importer, but you'd need to find out what your government exports and all that good stuff to find out the truths behind the taxes. the US exports a lot of cotton, corn, wheat, things of that nature...what kind of goods does the UK export? (real question not just a taunt or anything like that) It all depends on who's made what kind of deals with who. I really don't know of any UK imports......the US imports as much as exports I think, do you think UK is the same way? Do you know what other countries they are involved with and what kind of trading goes on? This could have something to do with why you have such high taxes. Ahh but then again, we were chanting 'No Taxation without representation' a couple hundred years ago...so it seems they've always had it out for high taxes over there :p
Im not from the uk nor america. Im a canadian guy. Very true but he was bashing on the fact that the guy was to poor to pay for goods that were in supply and demend which in fact they arn't its jsut ridiculiously cheaper in america lol. I really dont think importing/exporting is the reason though, simply because if it was the uk stores would buy from say canada where a 3200= barton amd runs for 288$ cnd and be priced at 3 sumthing after shipping and to accomidate price mark up. But instead in the uk its about 260 pounds which is somewhere round 1.9 compared to the canadian dollar i think maybe even 2 now. 288x2 =576 which is completely rediculious. AND THATS BEFORE TAX. So if stores can import a chip for say 340(that includes shipping) 50 for dudy. Now you have a 390 chip before mark up. mark up useual 20% and you get 468$ still 100 cheaper so who knowsd:p

Im not from the uk nor america. Im a canadian guy. Very true but he was bashing on the fact that the guy was to poor to pay for goods that were in supply and demend which in fact they arn't its jsut ridiculiously cheaper in america lol. I really dont think importing/exporting is the reason though, simply because if it was the uk stores would buy from say canada where a 3200= barton amd runs for 288$ cnd and be priced at 3 sumthing after shipping and to accomidate price mark up. But instead in the uk its about 260 pounds which is somewhere round 1.9 compared to the canadian dollar i think maybe even 2 now. 288x2 =576 which is completely rediculious. AND THATS BEFORE TAX. So if stores can import a chip for say 340(that includes shipping) 50 for dudy. Now you have a 390 chip before mark up. mark up useual 20% and you get 468$ still 100 cheaper so who knowsd

Whew where to start lol. Well I don't know the currencies rate though, but the uk pound is really 2x that of the canadian coin!?! That IS ridiculous! and the canadian coin is a little bit more than the US dollar isn't it...like 1.3 or something to that effect. I know 288 canadian would be a little over 200 american?

Very true but he was bashing on the fact that the guy was to poor to pay for goods that were in supply and demend which in fact they arn't its jsut ridiculiously cheaper in america lol
I wasn't standing up for the guy in america by all means, I was just putting up what I think may be going on as far as the economy and the prices go and whatnot, so you are in the right to stand up for the guy in the UK who has to suffer because of high taxes =/

I really dont think importing/exporting is the reason though,

Yeah thats why I said he'd have to look into it =/ but I don't know, I think it'd have something to do with it, the US exports and imports a lot of sh!t. Does canada and/or the UK do the same? Because if they don't export a lot and only import that would probably result in a much higher tax don't you think? Because they aren't gaining the extra money from the textiles and goods exported out of their country. But like I said I don't know what canada or UK exports if any. The only thing I know that canada exports and thats good is BEER! Labatte blue is the best damn beer I've ever had.....that and they got some good bud too =P but so does amsterdam

yeah...he said he's neither from uk NOR america, meaning neither of those choices.... he wasn't talking about what Continent he was on lol

Since when did the US become AMERICA? Remember, Its United States OF America.
You don't remember? We took it over last week :p hehe, I know I know it's OF america, but thats another issue isn't it. I was just clarifying the fact that the man said he wasn't from the UK NOR the 'US of A' and not saying 'I'm not from north america...I'm from canada' lol...upon saying that I could just picture a really funny yet anti-canadian joke :p But I give props to canadians...they are just 'up there' they don't start sh!t with other countries, they basically just want to be left alone, make good beer, and got good bud.....just need to rid the country of any french :D muahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom