removal of IO shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
I am trying to move the components of my old case to a new case(antec sonata). i found out that the IO shield/backplane( which has perforations for RS232, USB ....) is different for the two cases. my unbranded case supports the gigabyte 81875 ultra, but the new one (antec sonata) does not.

i remeber last time, the backplane/IO shield kind of popped out. do you guys know how i can pop it out.

i have got the antec sonata right in front of me. and i would like to remove the IO shield

Do you mean the little metal panel that comes (and complies) with your mobo? Yes, you just push it straight out; be carefull not to push too hard and bend it, easily done as it's only flimsy material.

Any ATX factor case will naturally have the same placement for PS/2, USB etc, so you can just pop your new panel in.

the backplane/IO shield came with the case not the mobo

push it straight out as in push it outside the case.

if it has got the mobo still attached to it, can i still push it out?

yippie i got it out of my antec sonata case.

now for the tough one. the I/O shield attached to the mobo in my unbranded case, you guys think i can just pull out my mobo( with the I/O shield still stuck to the mobo) out of the old case, or should i remove the IO shield from the case(by pushing it out) and then remove the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom