Reinstalling windows fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfon

Baseband Member
Just bougth a pc from my friend and i want to whipe everything i think its called windows reinstall or something anyways, i dont have any reinstall disk so how do i do this?

You need to buy an OS ( operating system ).
Or steal the disk from your buddy.

If you want to buy a disk.
try the OEM for xp pro... Cheap and easy.

I would Agree 100% With Brady...However you can delete all the user accounts and user related items. And set yourself up a account if you dont want to spend the money for a new OS.

Phil

the only way you can do this, is to use a windows install disk

(windows xp I assume)

you will need a product key as well

see if your friend has an install cd (maybe one that came with it)

once you have the cd, all you have to do is put it in and start the computer

while its booting, watch for *press any key to boot from cd.....

then just run the windows setup, (format the hd to ntfs)

if you can't get a cd from him, then download an iso and use this program to get your key...

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=61095

I'm pretty sure this is legal, as you already had the key...

i got the cd he gave me one so i just put that in and then i can reinstall it? I though there was a seprate cd one for windows xp home and then one to reinstall? i guess i was wrong, correct me if i am

Well actually if you got the disks from like Dell or someone like that you may have an application and a system restore disk.
Does it say which one you have on the disk itself ?

If you have a system restore disk.
All you have to do is stick it in and reboot.
Once you see your machine reboot It will "hopefully" ask you to "press any key to boot from Cd..."
Press any key and proceed to do a "Fresh Install".
After that you might want to delete the current partition and then format it with "NTFS ( Quick format )".
Then just sit back and wait.

This could help too :

Installation Guide

so does the disk have to be from the company or can i get any kind of reinstall disk and throw it in?

so does the disk have to be from the company or can i get any kind of reinstall disk and throw it in?

Well its actually going to be easier for you to get an original XP home disk. Much easier to wipe the hard drive and start over from new. Go to newegg or an online software site and you can usually get it for around $90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom