Reformatting PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

askformore

Beta member
hey there, I recently did case transfer from my old pc to a new case. And I add new parts to the new case, like motherboard, cpu, video card, DDR2 Ram, etc. And the people that did it for me told me I had to reformat my computer because I have new parts like motherboard etc. When I got my pc back I go home power it and and the computer is loading then I see a black screen saying:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode with Networking

Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration(your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

First I tried Start Windows Normally but it doesnt work it restart and goes back to the black screen, then I tried safe mode and every choices it doesnt go in to windows desktop it reload and start at the black screen again. And I go into the system setup and go to boot and change first boot device to cdrom drive, usually when I format my pc I just put in the windows xp cd, then it would load when I restart or power up my comp and go from there. Now when I restart, I see the cd rom drive load but it doesnt go to the windows xp cd, it still go to the black screen. So now I try to explain my problem clearly and as specific as possible, I hope someone knows and help me out. Thank you very much.

although you shouldnt have to reload, i have swaped many system w/o reloading and havent had any problems although i would recommend it, just less chance for probles thus way

The new motherboard may require you to 'press any key' in order to boot from the CD-ROM, as mine does, and if you do not press a key it boots from the HDD and goes to the same screen again. It does sound like your system went through such a drastic hardware change that you will need to reformat and reinstall windows as I did when I had made hardware changes. If you want to sasve some data just plug it into another PC as a secondary drive. Hope that helps.

The new motherboard may require you to 'press any key' in order to boot from the CD-ROM
If the hdd is set in boot sequence first then there will not be a "press any key to boot from CD". You will have to go into your BIOS and set it up to boot from CD first. Also, make sure the Windows (or OS) disc is in the drive;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom