Is Reformatting Harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraemia

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering: Is reformatting your hard drive, uninstalling and installing everything again, ever harmful to any computer components? Like is it not good to reformat your hard drive ten times in a month?

Thanks,
Eraemia

Reformatting is not harmful. But it is not necessary to reformat 10 times a month. I only do it like 1-2 times a year.

Though it's not directly harmful, 10 times a month will certainly put a lot of extra wear on the hard drive

i do mine once every two weeks keeps things running fast and efficient. ppl say just defrag and stuff like that but theres nothing like a good reformat to spring new life into your computer. trying to hit 3 ghz on a 2ghz processor leads to a lot of reformatting to.i say go for it do it ten times a month if thats what makes you happy.

I don't know why you would want/need to reformat ten times a month, every month but as reformatting and reinstalling everything in general only helps a PC.

I can't imagine going through all the windows updates that often. I format once a year. Defrag twice a month.

Do you use Window's defrag program or some other program, because someone else said that it was a joke.

... formating a harddrive is just "writing data." It is less harmful than regular computer use, which includes "reading and writing data."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom