recommended 478 socket mainboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Hiya,

Could I get recommendations for some of the best quality 478 socket mainboards. I play all the latest games so I need only the best recommended. So far I have DFI Lanparty in mind but it is on the costly side so i need other suggestions! :)

Thanks

??????? DFI lanparty is socket 939 and amd 64 cpu's

motherboard affects your gameplay very minimal, if at all

you need a new processor; that intel 2.4 is isn't that fast; you need new ram; 512 is barely cutting it along with DDR266!?!?!?

you have a great video card, so i guess you just need to upgrade those other stuff

abit is7-e2
good board cheap only about 70 bucks onboard sound and lan only 2 dimm slots though easy overclockability

o and if you think his cpu sucks im running a 1.8 p-4 @ 2.3 ghz

diabloII said:

you need a new processor; that intel 2.4 is isn't that fast; you need new ram; 512 is barely cutting it along with DDR266!?!?!?

you have a great video card, so i guess you just need to upgrade those other stuff

My suggestion is a Gigabyte if you can find one. your motherboard is as important as your processor everything must match......512 is fine, for starters, I recommend a gig tho.

diabloII said:

gees can people just answer the question lol. i am totally aware of my crap ram and cpu, but thats not the question i was asking was it, and yes DFI Lanparty has a board for socket 478.

oh really? then nm

but seriously though, you have a 2.4ghz and ddr266 that is bottlenecking that :D:D:D:D:D:D bfg 6800gt OC

I totaly agree don't upgrade the MB just upgrade the CPU and memory. If your truly want to upgrade the mobo just check out tigerdirect they have great deals on mobo's.

Never had a problem with them.

I play Farcry, Doom 3, HL2 and Unreal on my Asus P4P800-E Deluxe and it doesn't have any problems. Also, I've heard good things about Gigabyte boards from friends. What form factor do you have? and price range?

NickBrown7804 said:
I totaly agree don't upgrade the MB just upgrade the CPU and memory. If your truly want to upgrade the mobo just check out tigerdirect they have great deals on mobo's.

Never had a problem with them.

My current mainboard only supports 4x agp and max of 2100 ram and ity doesnt support a higher cpu hense why i am upgrading my mainboard, but i want a mainboard that is compatible with socket 478 as well as others so i can use my current cpu until i can afford something else.....so please stop telling me what i already know and just recommend me some mainboards! lol....no offense, but if i wanted to be told what was wrong with the rest of my system i would have asked.

Form factor is ATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom