Razer Lachesis: First Laser Mouse from the Third Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Came across a decent review of the Lachesis this evening. The author is very blunt about what he did not like about it, but gives credit where credit is due. If anyone has wondered if the Lachesis is actually worth the price tag, read the review and see.

X-bit labs - Razer Lachesis: First Laser Mouse from the Third Generation

p1.jpg

p13.jpg

i like the look of the lachesis, i may buy a razer mouse, im tired of my mx1000 its nice and all bt is getting quite old, that or i may get a g7. not sure on my opinion about wires yet.

I own a G5, G5 2007, G7 and a Lachesis

the Lachesis takes a while to get used to compared to the logitech mice, and some may prefer the body of the Logitech mice better. though the 4000DPI laser sensor can give the Lachesis an edge.

the G7 is by far the best wireless mouse I've seen
it has a slightly different feel than the G5 (not in terms of the physical shape, but the way the cursor moves in response to hand movement); it seems like the G5 is slightly more accurate than the G7, but it's unlikely to have a real effect on gameplay.

though there's something about the G5 that makes it just seem very 'reliable'

If you really want to go wireless, go with the G7
the 4000 DPI laser sensor on the lachesis can give it an edge, once you get used to the mouse
the G7 would be easier to get used to though

I started with the Lachesis on medium settings and slowly increased them over time. When I first got it, I tried to use it on the top settings and it was sad, very sad. I couldn't control it at all on the super-sensitive 4000dpi and max polling rate.

Now, I use it on max settings. I cover my whole screen by using a 3"x3" area of movement. I actually have to turn the mouse down when I play BF2, as I make myself dizzy too easy moving that fast. :D

I prefer a finger mouse, so the Razers are perfect for me. As the review said, the extra-long left and right buttons work no matter where you want to put your finger on them. I don't have any problems with the mouse getting slick unless I am eating pizza at my desk, though.

Apok is right, though... the G7 is easier to pick up and use, but it is not as sensitive as the Lachesis. Basically, you have to decide which way you want to do and where you want to end up.

Razer has a new mouse coming out soon called the Salmosa. It is smaller than their other mice and super-light.
  • 1800dpi Razer Precisionâ„¢ 3G infrared sensor
  • 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
  • Mechanical dpi/polling rate switches
  • On-The-Fly Sensitivityâ„¢ adjustment
  • Always-Onâ„¢ mode
  • Ultra-large non-slip buttons
  • 16-bit ultra-wide data path
  • 60-120 inches per second
  • Three independently programmable Hyperesponseâ„¢ buttons
  • Ambidextrous design
  • Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions
  • Zero-acoustic Ultraslickâ„¢ Teflon feet
  • Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
  • Approximate size: 115mm (length) x 63mm (width) x 37mm (height)

sal_overview03.jpg

sal_overview02.jpg

I've just been playing CS:S against some bots (5 vs 10, me on the side with 5)
I think I'm really getting the hang of the Lachesis now, because I'm really pwning them. It's great once you get used to it turning so fast. (very quick reactions, especially if you're trying to kill multiple people in the same room and they're all in different locations)

I have it at 4000DPI, with in-game sensitivity at 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom