Not open for further replies.

xternal

Beta member
I just built a computer with the follow specs:

AMD 2600+
80 GIG harddrive
1 gig Kingston RAM
52x CD-RW

I have my firewall enabled and i have updated my BIOS, and my display drivers. I also checked if it was the CPU temperature but its not.

My problem is that the computer just randomly restarts out of nowhere and i have no idea how to fix it. Someone please help me =)

Could be your PSU is going out on you...have you checked all your voltages to see if they are fluctuating heavily? This is a sign of a failing PSU and will lead to random restarts. Also you're not overclocking anything are you? Have you checked your RAM? You should use a program like memtest86+ and put it on a bootable floppy or CD, make sure the floppy or CD comes first in the boot sequence, restart and see if your RAM passes all the tests..that'll let you know if your RAM is faulty.

About all I can think of for the moment...goodluck

Iam not overclocking and when it restarts, it doesn't give me an error. It just crashes, gives me a black screen, and then my computer starts up like nothing happened.

and when it restarts, it doesn't give me an error.
I never said it would give you an error. You still need to check your voltages with a program like motherboard monitor 5, or SiSoftware Sandra to make sure your PSU's voltages aren't fluctuating heavily which like I said is a sign of a dying PSU...also...

You need to go and download the program called 'memtest86+' just google it and you'll find it as I don't have a direct link. You put this program on a bootable floppy or CD, and instead of booting from the Hard drive and into windows, it runs this little program and will test your RAM for errors which also could be a cause of random restarting...so you need to:

1.) Check Voltages
2.) Download memtest86+ and run it, check RAM for errors.

- Nubius

it could be a virus there is one that does that. But there is one other glitch that happens in the Windows 2000 opeating system if thats what your using.Unfaurtantaly there is no way to fix this problem except upgrading or changing your o\s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom