RAM and PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyph3R

Baseband Member
im gettin a new comp and im wondering if 1 gig of Kingston HyperX PC3200 RAM will be good. And also, will 420watts of PSU be enuf?

Yes both will be good. I guess make sure the ram is cas2 being the fastest out. ANd depending ont he psu vrand if its good. Trusted companies would be Enermax and Antec for me.But the 420 wats will be enuf BUT u gotta get a good brand one.

yes cell is correct. However, i think antecs are down there with deer psu's. garbage and will short out ur systme. i would go with thermeltake and Enermax. you do not neccecarly need cas2 because it is 20-40 more than cas2.5, just make sure to stay clear from cas3. I would not go with kingston. I would possably try some corsair or ocz. Both good for overclocking and stabablity with really low prices (ozc tends to be a little more than corsair.) If your really into o/cing i would suggest munchkin(cant spell it sorry) the best for o/cing yet u pay for that go figuare
(if you could list your specs that would be great so we can judge how much wattage you need more accuritely(cant spell sorry)

1 gig of memory will be enough to handle most anything you need to do. The 420W power supply if a name brand should be sufficient for your needs.

Kingston is good and I might suggest another brand [hint, hint].:D

I have to dis-agree about the antec psu part. Dude they are STABLE psus. Now i dunno bout TT, heard many ppl having stability issues with em but the ANTECS are solid as a rock. And its mushkin XT:cool:

lol thanks cell. Never had any luck with antec. But im sorry thermeltake are one of the best psu makers out there. I would think people with un stable systmes and have a thermeltake probably have a problem elsewhere

if it has nething to do with it, its a 420 Watt P4 Power Supply... dno wat p4 is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom