Ram Which One?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokelizer

Baseband Member
I am curious i want to order a system for newegg.com and i am going to get the intel 3.0c and and d865perll board how do i know which ram will work for this? I wrote intel and they said any ddr400 (PC3200) would work, yet i find alot of people have problems with voltages and board conflict's i wanted kingston 1 gb ddr 400 ram and i just want to make sure it would work, i see alot of posts saying they had to adjust voltage from 2.5 to 2.6 but nothing specifies what kind of ram goes on the board??

I usually check with the Mobo Manufactuer for those spec's but If ya Use Corsair, Crucial or Mushkin ya really can't go wrong.

if yuo want performance,,, then corsair is sposed to be fast. but i think they are more expensive... but it may be worth it in the long run

you can read up on the mobo manufactures site . To see what memory they have tested on the board .Usually stay within those boundaries .Or research more for extreme users. Sense your building it i highly recomend MEMTest 2.1 .Tets your memory from the first boot , no matter what brand you decide to buy.

I got the same MOBO your getting and have no probs with my Kingston (2X512 MB pc3200). However, if I had to redo it, I'd definitely go with corsair. The quality is better and their latency timing rock.

Thanks for all the input i definetely think ill go with corsair, thats interesting i always thought kingston was better, so ZEROZERO you say you have the same system, what vid card do you have ati or nvidia? Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom