RAM died Nooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Compy wouldn't turn on after school today.

Tested my brother's RAM in mine, works fine. tested my RAM in his, and it does the same thing mine did with it.

It was just temporary RAM, being the value stuff, but it was all I had! Now I've got to start saving money AGAIN to fix the damn box. ScheiBe.

I hate using my brother's computer! (especially when he's on it...!)

Well I guess I should shop. I don't think I can afford anything for awhile, despite christmas coming I think my mom already bought me a ps2 game so X-mas is definatly depleted of any potential money sources.

I probably wont be able to afford Corsair like I wanted, so I ask:
Are there any other, cheaper, high-performance RAM brands out there that people can reccamend? I know of a few, but the only one I've really researched is Corsair, since that's what I planned on getting.

Better yet, if someone wants to sell some, I would love to buy it, as long as its not too expensive. If you can point out a good deal on some that would be great also.

Preferances:
-At least 3200
-DDR, of course
-prefrebly 512-meg stick.

Any help will.... help.
Thanks,
Alec.

If you're trying to save money, get 2x256mb Corsair Valueselect sticks.

If you're REALLY trying to save money, I've had successful results with "Crucial" RAM when I was on a serious budget.

Are you saying crucial is cheap? It's far from it!

I dont want to get TOO cheap. Ill look up this PQI stuff.

alecjahn said:
Are you saying crucial is cheap? It's far from it!

I dont want to get TOO cheap. Ill look up this PQI stuff.

Crucial may not be the cheapest, but it's the cheapest I'd spend.

Dont get crap RAM. In actuallity, you will get more performance out of 512MB of good RAM than 1GB of crap. Make sure its at least CL2.5.

I bought a 512mb stick of value geil pc3200's for $75. Crap ram to the fullest! it should work for the 2-3 months that it'll take me to save up for some a gig of better ram. But eitherway Geil isn't that bad.

My main question, is, what other brands do people trust, other than Corsair, Crucial, and Kingston(hYperX)?
Things like,
OCZ'
Geil
Mushkin

etc, etc.

I believe it all to be mostly about personal reference. I've heard a lot of diehard fans for all of those brands that you named.

Personally I wanted to get Mushkin's but I couldnt fit it into the budget. Of all those brands you named I'm sure theyre all high quality. Patriot is also a pretty good brand so I've heard.

But I'm a n00b at this stuff so yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom