Ram, but which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Alright i was brought on to two great companies (besides OCZ and corsair) and i was wondering, w/out biased opinion, which should i get and how can i tell if they are tccd (if they are).
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231012
or these sticks
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218062
now the TWINMOS ram has a cas of 2.5 whereas the G.Skill has a cas of 2 but then again i have been told countless times that it dosent matter. sooo which should i get? now on acount to the fact that my mom will let me use newegg, if not then i gotta buy corsair valueram from frys. i have only 100$ to work w/ (besides w/ me and nubius if the deal is stil on). and on that note i only want valueram cause it pwns for some dumb reason.

As far as I am aware, neither is TCCD as that stuff gets really, really expensive and I doubt you'd find any in value RAM. The nice thing about TCCD is the fact that increasing DIMM voltage will often allow you to tighten timings up.

Latency does indeed matter if you are planning on using this memory past stock speeds. Latency effects stability, and basically the lower the timings, the more headroom you have to loosen them as they're still remain relatively low as speeds increase. Timings have little impact on bandwidth however.

I would personally pick the TwinMOS as I've heard excellent things about them and I have absolutely no idea how G.Skill "value" RAM performs. Either one is fine though.

For a second opinion, i vote for the TwinMos. But i know either one will work good.

alrighty thanx for the replys. hmm im guessing im gonna get the TWINMOS cause everybody has practically said that plus im prolly gonna put something to disapater heat like tweakmonster heat sinks or something so i can oc alot. i really like valueram, its cheap and great, what more could you ask for? and im pretty sure that G.Skill valueram performs great just like their other ram just that its cheaper ya? oh yea, grim its alright, thanx for he reply though. when i get it (if i can) ill tel lyall how it performs.:p Also, i do like to mess w/ the voltage and OC my ram and not neccesarily when im bored;) I have my corsair at 2.7 now, thats prolly how my timings are stable ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom