Ram!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamhic

Baseband Member
Hey all just lookin for some input, currently running 512 mb corsair on a abit kv7 xp 2800+ lookin to upgrade some memory my goal is to not purchase any more ram for awhile (when upgrading to athlon 64)and oc my current system just a tad lol thinking about this not sure on the brand but seems to ring a bell please sway me! Oh yeah and a tad is about a gig and a half also curious about the heat spreaders and the space between the mem modules price seems reasonable.

Edit: Sorry oc a tad overhaul a ton!

When you upgrade to a athlon 64, are you going to be using socket 939 or 754? If you are using 939, make sure to get your RAM in pairs so that you can get some dual channel running. If you are going to use 754, do not worry about getting ram in pairs.

well the ram in the link above is in a pair but im not sure thats its the quality that will be keep me up to date in the long run i am hoping that i wont have to upgrade when i go to a 64 cpu and want a quality brand to last through a couple of years

Ram is Ram basically.. unless your on a budget. Geil is perfect for the budget user.... it will overclock nicely aswell,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom