RAID Difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

silence782

In Runtime
A have a computer that has two 80 GB HDs in a mirror. The lady that owns it recently installed AOL 9.0 Security Edition, and after that her computer froze, so she unpluged it while it was on. Needless to say, when I got there, I found her computer was trashed with several errors on her harddrives, and the mirror was broken.

So I managed to get it to start in safe-mode, and ran a scan disk. The scan disk found and fixed the errors, but when I reestablished the mirror, I got the same results.

So I broke the mirror once again, scandisked the HDs separately, and left the mirror broken with the computer booting off of a single drive with windows XP on it. (I couldn't finish reestablishing the mirror because I had to leave.)

My question is this: If I scandisk both harddrives, and repair all the errors on both, will I be able to reestablish the mirror, without loosing any data, or might I simply have a bad drive?

On a side note, the mother board supports SATA RAID but I have two IDE drives with SATA filters in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom