RAID 0+1 and Windows 2K3 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I'm setting up a server at my house, using Windows 2003. I currently setup, using a raid controller card, raid 0+1 with 4hdd's. It's not the space I need, it's the fault tolerance. But I'm running into some real problems.

I setup Active Directory, and all went well. Then I started to setup the policies, and I started to get some errors that it could not save. Weird, didn't know what to do. So I restarted. I really quickly noticed that there was something, during post, that said something about a faulty raid set please press f3 to correct the problem. But it skipped right over that, and continued loading windows, so I though nothign of it. But when I logged in, I got an error saying something about corrupted registry hives and Windows has finished correcting the error. So, Windows fixed it, right? YAY!!! But alas, no such luck. I went back to set some policies, and the same saving error. Crap, maybe it's a problem with Active Directory. Now my buddy had originally setup my server, so he didnt put a default password. When uninsalling Active Directory, you have to put a password that will be used as the default password. When I enter a password, I get the message about it not being long enough and not fitting the complexity requirements. I have tried SO MANY differnt combinations of passwords and nothing. Not long and complex enough. Now, I could go define that policy and take away the requirements, but since I cannot save, that throws that out the window. Now, I have but one thing left to do. Reinstall Windows. Damn, but ya gotta do it. So I did it. Now, upon formatting of the drives, they are all detected bysetup, when I get to around 99% I get an error that says windows cannot continue the format. The disk is damaged. That sucks. Now, do you think the problem is within the RAID controller card or within the drives themselves?

To the Mods: Is this in the wrong thread? If so, please move it to the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom