a radeon 9800 Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumpy

Baseband Member
I have a new radeon 9800 and every time that i put it into my comp it doesnÂ’t start up. Although I have my computer up and running. My motherboard does have an onboard graphics card its an asus board. another thing i installed all the drivers on the onboard card and tried to play doom3 just to see the improvements with the badass card. And with the on board the game just crashes, so does farcry and BF 1942. Any input would be helpful thanks.

chon,

Including all of your peripherals, 300 watts isn't enough. 350 watts should work alright.

Have you disabled the integrated video card? You have to do this in order for your other card to work. Enter BIOS and disable the onboard video card. Plug your monitor into your RADEON and start up the computer. Your OS will then detect new hardware. Install the latest ATI drivers from www.ati.com and everything should be fine. Enjoy.

i think ill try zerozero's solution but i tried my 350 and it did not work.

yes that is the only problem i can think of that you mite be having.. gotta disable the onboard video with ur bios and ull eb good to go :)

yeah if it doesn't work...then thats just an even stronger case against ASUS boards..me and 2 other people had asus boards with winXP and geforceFX cards and it wouldn't work. System wouldn't boot up. ASUS has weird issues with the newer cards it seems. Try it in someone elses computer if you can. That doesn't have an ASUS board =P

with all my experiences Asus seems to have the least problems with video cards, but are picky about RAM

2 things you might want to check are:
- the AGP speed of your board - as you can't put an 8x card in a 2x slot, or some other combinations
- like zerozero said, disabling the onboard video can be the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom