Is a radeon 9500pro better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiangsu

Beta member
Radeon 9500 pro or geforce 4 ti4200?

I recently purchased a pny geforce 4 ti4200 64mb, it freezes up any time I try to run an application that uses 3d gfx. Then I have to do a manual shutdown. It said in the manual that this is a problem with the drivers, but I have the latest drivers for my motherboard and my gfx card. Anyway my uncle, the one who got me the card for christmas, told me to send him the card and he would send me the money. I wanted to know if a radeon is more stable, if its easier to install. My specs are:

pentium 4 1.4ghz intel 850 chipset
512 mb rdram
geforce 2 mx 400
and windows xp(bought in the hopes that it would fix my problem)

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I would like to keep the geforce 4 because just about every game is compatible with it, but im willing to get the radeon if it will help.

Which is more compatible?

Weather its nVidia or ATI processor shouldnt matter.

A problem I had recently (1 month ago) was I got a gf4Ti4600 Made by Winfast and it got fried. And then I sent it back and got another card, exact card that also got fried. Then I got a GeForce 4 ti 4600 card made by eVGA. And so far, I havent had any problems with the eVGA card.

May be your mobo has a incompatibility with that specific card, not the GF4, but that specific maker of the card.

My Opinion about that is, to send the card back, and get another make of the card, with the same GF4 Ti 4200. And look at your mobo's site to see if there is any problems with some vid cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom