Quieter Fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

majistic

Daemon Poster
Is there any way that I can make my power supply fan quieter ? I already know cleaning the blades on the fan, and clean the intake or whatever the hell the other side is, thats all that I heard, and I am not going to buy another one. Anyone have ideas ?

This I know will bring jeers and warnings from everyone.

My PSU has one 120 mm fan (A bit noisy i thought).

I opened up the PSU and disconnected the fan lead from its socket inside.
I then connected an extension cable to the fan and ran it out the gromet along with all the other wires.
This cable is now plugged into a fan controller in my spare 3.5 inch bay at the front of my case.

This means now when im surfing the net or word processing its turned right down and you can hardly hear it but its turned way up for gaming when the sound isnt a problem anyway.

All the Fans in my comp are connected to the fan controller and it makes a lot of difference.

Its a good idea to run temp monitoring software aswell though like asus probe.

there are various fan controllers and some can cost a bit and you will probably be worth paying a bit extra and buying a better power supply which already has a fan controller and also is super quiet.

but if you are gonna do as above you can super cheap fan controllers like this one the fan mate

http://www.xoxide.com/mifanco.html

Now im not sure whether there will be ok to use on the PSU but im usinging them on my chip and case fans and they are not the most user friendly but do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom