Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouen

In Runtime
I just read a post about RMAing a processor in two weeks and it got me thinking...

The thermal diode fried my CPU, and possibly my mobo, I just got a new CPU, but I need to RMA the motherboard. What do I tell them? I've had the mobo for about a month, do I tell them truth, which is the diode was put in the CPU, it came loose, touched a prong fried the whole thing?

What do I tell ASUS so that they wont say I voided the warranty or something?

I got one too! Its called the "I wasn't the one who fried the damn thing, so I shouldn't have to buy another one" idea.

Yesh. If you can't think of an intelligent reply, keep your genius remarks to yourself. People have asked dumber questions.

just tell them you turned it on and it fried your whole comp. Blame it on a faulty product they sold you. If youre in it for money, you were also severley burned in this accident and are willing to sue for millions.

LOL Now that is a genius remark I did want to hear :p

I was thinking something of the same, but I just didn't want to screw it up. I'm going to call them when the CPU arrives tomorrow if it doesn't work. If it does work, I'm not going to worry about it lol. I tested the CPU i know its fried, I just dont have a way of testing the mobo (I dont have another available 478 Socket CPU so I can't figure it out till the new one comes in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom