quick mobo question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
i was just wondering what the difference is between KN8 SLi and AN8 SLi? im building a new PC, but havn't check out the new PC technology in about a year. well anyway, i have noticed that Fatal1ty now makes boards with ABIT. im looking at the Abit Fatal1ty AMD AN8 SLi. Is this board anygood? I have also noticed ABIT makes a non Fatal1ty AN8 SLi board which is $100 bucks cheaper? any pro's, con's on that?

I am trying to build something that will play games like Battlefield 2 and Doom 3 etc. Here's what i have so far...

Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLi
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice
WD 200 gig SATA HDD
Corsair XMS 512MB x2
eVGA GeForce 6800XT

what do you guys think? im not trying to go overboard with the card. im looking for a really good performance card with a cheap price tag. so far, that eVGA is the best i have found. for the price you can't beat the 12 PP's...

well, what do you guy's think?

Well, do you think Mr. Fatal1ty is worth $100 of your money? as that is what it comes down to. The AN8 has back fans and the sound on a PCI X1 port, where as the KN8 doesn't. The AN8 has the excellent Nvidia chipset. I have a S939 Abit VIA chipset motherboard collecting dust right now, and it is terrible, has problems all the time. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get another VIA abit mobo, nvidia one should be alot better.

Don't get corsair XMS - doesn't overclock as well as what you can get for the same price. If you are overclcoking, get OCZ platinum rev. 2 if not, the cheapest you can find that is PC3200.

sounds good...also, i know for SLi you need 2 vid cards, but will having 1 do anything negative, or in that case, positive?

i dunno...i just was just messing around with my friends DFI board...i think im just going to stick with Abit..i have never had problems with them...quick question...if i get the SLi version, will i be able to use 1 vid card and get the same (or almost the same) results as using 2? is there a real difference? im new to the whole SLi world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom