Questions Regarding Hot-Swapping Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLz

Beta member
I currently have a D845PEBT2 motherboard from Intel. I have 1 Gig of Corsair XMS PC2700 RAM. I am using Windows XP Pro.

The thing is I really wish I bought an Asus P4PE-X mobo as it is a better board than Intel's in that it allows overclocking and more controls through the BIOS.

My Question is, Can I simply Hot-Swap an Asus P4PE-X in place of the one I have? Will there be issues? Currently installed on my system is the Intel Application Accelerator so I may have to uninstall that prior to the swap right? But another thing is this CHIPSET needed the Chipset Instalation Utility Installed also. The 2 boards have the same chipset, so will this be a problem? I have so many questions regarding this cause I will have to remove everything out of my current MOBO including my heatsink that I had to bolt into the Board itelf and after I do all that, and it won't work for some reason, I will have to switch it all back.

I really don't feel like reinstalling windows xp again as I have done that 7 times in the last year, and I have a ton of apps to install on top of that.

If anyone can give me any insight on this I would really appreciate it. I just hope since the 2 boards have the same chipset, it wont be a problem to Hot-Swap them.

Thanks in advance,

Personally I don't think it would work even though the 2 mobo's have the same chipsets ...
That's a stupid feature M$ incorporated in XP ..If more than 8 hardware devices change at a time .. the OS will not boot up.U end up with a BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom