Questions about Resolution and graphics setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkim113

Baseband Member
i had some general question about graphics setting.

1. I currently have a 17 inch LCD monitor. In order to enjoy the full graphic capabilities of a game, what resolution should i have the game on? 1280x1024, 1680x1050 etc

2. what is Anti aliasing? what is v-sync? Anisotropic Filtering?

1. 1280x1024 (max res of your monitor)
2. AA removes jagged lines on surfaces, AF is texture improment, Vsync is having a game cap FPS so it doesn't go above the monitor's refresh rate

All these could have been found with a google search

1. 1280x1024 (max res of your monitor)
2. AA removes jagged lines on surfaces, AF is texture improment, Vsync is having a game cap FPS so it doesn't go above the monitor's refresh rate

All these could have been found with a google search

Vsync does that? Oh i see. I do get a bit of a boost if i turn it on in Crysis Warhead.

vsync also syncs all the frames that your gfx card sends with your monitor, it decreases tearing

for example this wont happen:
tearing.jpg

VSync.jpg

Anti-aliasing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anisotropic filtering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vsync does that? Oh i see. I do get a bit of a boost if i turn it on in Crysis Warhead.

also vsync is said to decrease ur fps cuz it puts a little more strain on your system

vsync also syncs all the frames that your gfx card sends with your monitor, it decreases tearing

for example this wont happen:
tearing.jpg

VSync.jpg

Anti-aliasing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anisotropic filtering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also vsync is said to decrease ur fps cuz it puts a little more strain on your system

nice! Thx for this pics! As for turning off Vsync in Crysis Warhead, i only get like 1-3 fps increase, so not that much really. I'm gonna turn it off because i hardly ever get to 60 fps let alone 50 at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom