Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolxy

Baseband Member
okay .. well i was just wounderin and wanted to know how badsectors cause in hardisk...since i am using one i wanna know...... tell me answers in every possiblities.. and another question if you have the hdd which is affected by bad sectors.. and could it affect another if you are gonna install this with stable one? in anyhow?

One possible way is a Cosmic Ray or Particle, this is true sometimes they come down and smite your Hard disc. Many companies actually invest in placing their servers deep underground etc.

lol...
Hitachi has a bad time in making their HDs and they can give you a headache EG. Me....they can be caused by not shutting down your comp properly or just a crappy HD it self

And no they cant affect another hd unless they are in RAID form I supose

oh well major i did not ask how to check them.. read again my q uestion.

GUys DO REPlY I WANT MORE ANSWERS NEED TO NOTICe them

dude you are a rude tosser
if you dont like the answers given go somewhere else
if you ask some one for advice take it but dont be cocky and tell them they are not professional enough .
but anyway hope you change your attitude hypocrite

easy now psydesign...

zolxy,
if you are looking for a professional answer there isn't one other than, these things happen!

there are many reasons why a hard drive can obtain bad sectors. most of the time it is do to physical damage to the hard drive or the particle alignment on that portion of the disk. this can happen for any of the reasons stated above. the risk can be minimized by properly installing, uninstalling software, correct ussage of the software, avoiding system crashes, BSOD's and properly shutting the system down. However, even the most perfectly maintained machines may still get bad sectors on the hard disk drive. this is just a characteristic of the media, media format, and physical design of a hard disk drive. bad sectors are not transferable from one drive to another as they have to do with damaged data or damaged disk in the hard drive. bad or corrupted data however can be copied to another disk (in a situation such as a raid configuration) and this may lead to a bad sector (which may be possible to repair). however you can not move/copy/transfer a bad sector.
bad sectors often times result in permanent loss of data, so back up important information.
that is all.

professional enough!?

oh well psy first of all.. you are rude there.. i did appreciate them...... and know what read my question again.. i just wanted to know every possiblities i was waiting for it come up eith every.... okay... so you better read your post.. and thanks a lot.. roshi.. i dont know about raid.. i hope its not what am gonna do.. like running two hardisks Primary and slave? And thanks to all others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom